GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

ROCK

Location of Rock
The location of the Parish of Rock (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"ROCK is a chapelry, township, and village, the property of the Rev. R. Bosanquet, J.P. The township comprises an area of 1,973 acres, and the number of its inhabitants in 1801, was 160; in 1811, 152; in 1821, 185; in 1831, 206; in 1841, 227; and in 1851, 250 souls. .... THE VILLAGE of Rock is situated on an eminence commanding a fine prospect of the surrounding country. The soil in the neighborhood is very fertile, and the scenery in the vicinity is grand and romantic. THE CHAPEL is dedicated to S.S. Philip and James." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 10th August 2014, 03:11 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2014
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.