GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

RENNINGTON

Location of Rennington
The location of the Parish of Rennington (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"RENNINGTON is a chapelry, township, and village, the property of the Duke of Northumberland, and comprises 1,812 acres, of which the rateable value is £2,069 18s. Its population in 1801, was 252; in 1811, 270; in 1821, 272; in 1831, 273; in 1841, 245; and in 1851, 269 souls. THE VILLAGE of Rennington occupies a sheltered situation three and three quarter miles north-east by north of Alnwick. THE CHAPEL, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient edifice, the register of which commences in 1768." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:34 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.