GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

NETHERWITTON

Location of
Netherwitton
The location of the Parish of Netherwitton (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"NETHER WITTON PAROCHIAL CHAPELRY. This Chapelry comprises the townships of Coat Yards, Ewesley, Healey and Comb Hill, Nether Witton, Nunnykirk, Ritton, and Colt Park, and Ritton White House. It is bounded by the parishes of Rothbury, Long Horsley, and Hartburn, to the latter of which it is annexed for ecclesiastical purposes, and consists chiefly of a fine rich vale, which comprises an area of 7,723 acres. Its population in 1801, was 494; in 1811, 439; in 1821, 460; in 1831, 520; in 1841, 464; and in 1851, 489 souls." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:18 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.