GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

LESBURY

Location of Lesbury
The location of the Parish of Lesbury (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"LESBURY is a parish comprising the townships of Alnmouth, Bilton, and Lesbury, and is bounded on the north by Long Houghton, on the west by Alnwick, on the south by High Buston and Shilbottle, and on the east by the German Ocean. It contains 2,624 acres, and the number of its inhabitants in 1801, was 874; in 1811, 858; in 1821, 982; in 1831, 976; in 1841, 1,108; and in 1851, it had increased to 1,238 souls. A portion of this parish extends across the river Aln into Coquetdale Ward." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 15th July 2014, 19:23 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.