GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

KYLOE

Location of Kyloe
The location of the Parish of Kyloe (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"KYLOE parochial chapelry comprises the townships of Beal with Lowlin, Berrington, Buckton, Fenwick, and Kyloe, whose united area is 8,285 statute acres. The population in 1801, was 968; in 1811, 958; in 1821, 990; in 1831, 927; in 1841, 1,023; and in 1851, 1,005 souls. Coal and lime are found in this district. .... THE CHAPEL is a modern edifice, erected in 1792, on tbe south side of the old one, which was in existence previous to 1145, for we find it was confirmed in that year to the mother church of Holy Island. The living, a perpetual curacy in the archdeaconry of Lindisfarne and deanery of Norham, is returned at £96; gross income £138." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Church of England Records.
Adjacent Parishes.

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 10th August 2014, 03:11 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2014
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.