GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

KIRKHARLE

Location of Kirkharle
The location of the Parish of Kirkharle (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"KIRKHARLE parish comprises the townships of Harle (Little), Harle (West), and Kirkharle, and is bounded by the parishes of Kirkwhelpington, Thockrington, and Hartburn. The townships of Harle (Little), and Harle (West), were added to this parish by an order of the Queen in council, in 1847, and severed from the parish of Kirkwhelpington, to which they formerly belonged. At the same time and by the same order the township of Hawick, in Kirkharle parish, was transferred to that of Kirkwhelpington. Kirkharle parish comprises an area of 3,502 acres, and its population in 1801, was 281; in 1811, 337, in 1821, 304; in 1831, 286; in 1841, 299; and in 1851, 253 souls." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 10th August 2014, 03:11 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2014
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.