GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

FELTON

Location of Felton
The location of the Parish of Felton (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"FELTON, a parish, partly in the east division of Coquetdale Ward, and partly in the east division of Morpeth Ward, comprises the townships of Acton and Old Felton, Bockenfield, Elyhaugh, Eshott, Felton, Greens and Glantlees, Swarland, and Thirston East and West with Shothaugh. It is bounded by the parishes of Warkworth, Hebburn, Long Framlington, Alnwick, and Shilbottle, and comprises an area of 12,830 acres Population in 1801, 1,393; 1811, 1,409; in 1821, 1,491; in 1831, 1,576; in 1841, 1,585; and in 1851, 1,574 souls. The soil of this parish is various but chiefly incumbent upon strong clay, and is well suited for grain crops. There are some coal seams here, but they are not much worked." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Societies

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:18 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.