GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

ELLINGHAM

Location of Ellingham
The location of the Parish of Ellingham (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"ELLINGHAM is a parish comprising the townships of Charlton North, Charlton South, Chathill, Doxford, Ellingham, and Preston, whose united area is 9,124 acres. It is bounded on the north by Bambrough parish, on the west and south, by Eglingham parish and Coquetdale Ward, and on the east by Embleton. It is about five and a half miles long by five miles broad, and its population in 1801, was 749; in 1811, 691; in 1821, 801; in 1831, 953; in 1841, 861; and in 1851, 936 souls. Coal and lime are abundant in this parish." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:18 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.