GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

EDLINGHAM

Location of Edlingham
The location of the Parish of Edlingham (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"EDLINGHAM parish is bounded on the north by Eglingham, on the west by Whittingham, on the south by Long Framlington, and on the east by Alnwick. It is about three and a half miles in length by two and a half in breadth, and comprises an area of 12,348 acres. The parish contains the townships of Abberwick, Bolton, Broom Park, Edlingham, Learchild, and Lemmington. Its population in 1801, was 638; in 1811, 667; in 1821, 666; in 1831, 568; in 1841, 659; and in 1851, 742 souls." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 15th July 2014, 19:22 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.