GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

DODDINGTON

Location of Doddington
The location of the Parish of Doddington (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"DODDINGTON parish is bounded on the north by Lowick, on the west by Kirk Newton, on the south by Wooler, and on the east by Chatton. It contains 9,110 acres, and its population in 1801, was 734; in 1811, 887; in 1821, 865; in 1831, 903; in 1841, 941; and in 1851, 825 souls. It comprises the townships of Doddington, Earle, Ewart, Humbleton, and Nesbit, and is remarkable for its fertlity." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Church of England Records.
Adjacent Parishes.

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:18 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.