GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

BRINKBURN

Location of Brinkburn
The location of the Parish of Brinkburn (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"BRINKBURN is a parochial chapelry in the eastern division of Coquetdale Ward, and western division of Morpeth Ward, comprising the townships of Brinkburn High Ward, Brinkburn Low Ward, and Brinkburn South Side, whose united area is 3,377 acres. Its population in 1801, was 260; in 1811, 209; in 1821, 277; in 1831, 235; in 1841, 208; and in 1851, 225 souls. The soil in this district is generally fertile, and limestone and coal are found in considerable quantities. Brinkburn has been separated from the parochial chapelry of Long Framlington, with which it was returned prior to 1841." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Church Records

Church of England Records.
Adjacent Parishes.

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 1st June 2013, 23:39 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.