GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

BOTHAL

Location of Bothal
The location of the Parish of Bothal (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"BOTHAL parish comprises the townships of Ashington and Sheepwash. Bothal Demesne, Longhirst, Oldmoor, and Pegsworth, whose united area is 7,593 acres. The population in 1801, was 622; in 1811, 557; in 1821, 658; in 1831, 755; in 1841, 800; and in 1851, 946 souls. This parish is about three miles in length, by the same in breadth, and is bounded by the parishes of Woodhorm, Ulgham, Hebron and Morpeth; as also by the river Wansbeck, which separates it from Bedlingtonshire." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 5th April 2013, 01:18 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2013
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.