GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

BOLAM

Location of Bolam
The location of the Parish of Bolam (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"BOLAM parish comprises the townships of Trewick, in the western division of Castle Ward; the townships of Bolam, Bolam Vicarage, and Gallow Hill, in the western division of Morpeth Ward; and the townships of Belsay, Bradford, Harnham, and Shortflatt, in the north-eastern division of Tindale Ward. It is bounded on the north by Hartburn, on the west by Kirkwhelpington, on the south by Stamfordham, and on the east by Meldon and Whalton parishes. The area of this parish is 7,336 acres, and the number of its inhabitants in 1801, was 434; in 1811, 632; in 1821, 651; in 1831, 608; in 1841, 603; and in 1851, 634 souls. It is very fertile, and contains both coal and limestone." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Church of England Records.
Adjacent Parishes.

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 10th August 2014, 03:11 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2014
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.