GENUKI Home page
Northumberland Northumberland
county page
  Contents Contents   Parish Index Northumberland
Towns & Parishes
  Neighbours Nearby places

BEADNELL

Location of Beadnell
The location of the Parish of Beadnell (shown in green).

[View a zoomable and navigable Map of the Area provided by Bing.]
"BEADNELL is a chapelry, township and village, containing 743 acres of land, the property of Thomas Wood Craster, Esq., and others. The annual value is £1,318 4s. 10d., and the number of its inhabitants in 1801, was 223; in 1811, 291; in 1821, 213; in 1831, 251; in 1841, 323; and in 1851, 326 souls. The increase of population is owing to the erection of lime kilns, and the opening of a new colliery. Lands were formerly held in this chapelry by the Harding and Forster familes." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].

Census

Return to top of page

Church Records

Church of England Records.
Adjacent Parishes.

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Valid XHTML 1.0! [Last updated: 10th August 2014, 03:11 BST - Brian Pears]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996-2014
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.